The APPLAUSE project, which officially ended last year, continues to deliver impact with the latest article published Microelectronic Engineering, volume 286. “Low-Temperature Wafer-Level Bonding with Cu-Sn-In Solid Liquid Interdiffusion for Microsystem Packaging”: can be found as Open Access article here: Low-Temperature Wafer-Level Bonding with Cu-Sn-In Solid Liquid Interdiffusion for Microsystem Packaging – ScienceDirect.
- Wafer-level low-temperature bonding using solid-liquid interdiffusion method.
- Si and Borosilicate wafers with dissimilar thermomechanical properties have been successfully bonded.
- The bonding process was carried out at temperatures as low as 170 °C.
- The interconnection was composed of Cu/Cu6(Sn,In)5/Cu microstructure.
- Cap-deflection measurements verify that the bonds are hermetic after the bonding and dicing processes.
Congratulations to Vesa Vuorinen, Obert Golim, Mervi Paulasto-Kröckel, Tobias Wernicke, Marta Pawlak, from partner organisations Aalto University and EVG.